Government Jobs in Naval Dockyard Apprentice School Visakhapatnam (Government Jobs)
Naval Dockyard Apprentice School, Visakhapatnam invites applications from eligible candidates for Apprenticeship training at Naval Dockyard Apprentice School for one year training. Disciplines are- Electrician, Electronics Mechanic, Fitter, Instrument Mechanic, Machinist, Painter (General), R&A/C Mechanic, Welder (Gas & Electric), Carpenter, Foundryman, Mechanic (Diesel), Sheet Metal Worker, Pipe Fitter, Mechanic machine tool maintenance. Adv. No: DAS (V) / 01 / 22. Interested and eligible candidates can apply in the prescribed application format. Eligibility rules and brief details are as follows –
Naval Dockyard Apprenticeship School, Visakhapatnam – Recruitment of 275 Trade Apprentices
Closing date – 02/01/2023
Electrician, Electronics Mechanic – 36 people
Fitter – 33
Instrument Mechanic – 10
Machinist – 12
Painter (General) – 12
R&A/C Mechanic – 15
Welder (Gas & Electric) – 15
Carpenter – 27
Foundryman – 05
Mechanic (Diesel) – 23
Sheet metal worker – 33 people
Pipe fitter – 23
Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance – 10
- Candidates born on or before 02 May 2009 will be eligible to apply for Apprentice Training Batch 2023-24.
Educational Qualification –
- SSC / Matric / Std X (50% in aggregate) and ITI (NCVT/SCVT) (60% in aggregate)
How to apply –
To apply for Apprenticeship Training at www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in the following procedure is to be followed
Web Portal under National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS):-
- Before starting the profile registration process, the candidate must
Make sure that name and date of birth match on Aadhaar card
SSC Certificate. Otherwise, change the Aadhaar card details accordingly
Up to SSC certificate.
- Log on to www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in. Web portal. Then home page
The website will open.
- Click on register module on home page. Then the drop-down menu
Various options will come along. Click on Candidate in the drop-down menu.
- A page titled Candidate Registration will open. being a candidate
In the form and then fill his personal details and contact details
Submit the application by clicking on submit option.
- There will be a system-generated automated mail after application submission
Email id sent for profile activation. Candidates have to activate them
- Return to home page of www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in. Click on Login
To open a profile on the home page, candidates need to enter their registered Gmail ID and password.
- After login, candidates need to enter or edit their personal details, enter educational details and trade preference and verify their Aadhaar number.
- After completing the registration process, open the candidate profile, download and take a printout from the web portal to forward to DAS (Vzg).
- Take the printout of the hall ticket placed at Part – II of Annexure-I of this advertisement. Page 3 of 8.
- Two original hall tickets (duly filled by the candidate) along with two recent passport color photographs should be attached to the apprentice profile pasted in the marked box.
- APPRENTICE PROFILE, TWO ORIGINAL HALL TICKETS, AND CHECK-OFF LIST WITH ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTS INCLUDING THE STATUS INCLUDED IN THIS ADVERTISEMENT IN PART – I TO BE FORWARDED TO THE OFFICER-IN-CHARGE (FOR EDUCATION), Naval Dockyard Apprentice School, VM Naval Base SO, PO, Visakhapatnam – 530 014, Andhra Pradesh” by post so as to reach DAS (V) by 09 January 2023. This will be treated as an offline application for the purpose of enlistment.
- Both online (registration of profile on web portal) and offline (hard copy of application by post) are mandatory for further scrutiny of applicant’s candidature and issuance of hall ticket for written test. Non-receipt of both (online/offline) application forms will automatically disqualify the applicant’s candidature.
Selection Process –
- Candidates will be shortlisted for issue of call letter on the basis of marks obtained in SSC/Matriculation/Class 10 examination and ITI marks, in the ratio of 70:30 and a merit list will be prepared. Call letters to appear in the written test will be sent to shortlisted applicants in the ratio of 1:5 against existing vacancies in each trade and category to maintain reservation quota as per current guidelines. The written test will consist of 50 objective type questions (Mathematics 20, General Science 20, General Knowledge 10), each question carrying one and a half (1½) marks. Candidates will be called for interview in various reservation categories and trades based on the merit order of the written test. The interview is based on the technical skills of the candidates in their respective trades. Candidates shortlisted for interview will have to undergo a medical examination.
Important Dates –
- Online Application Last Date: 01/12/2022
- Online Application Last Date: 02/01/2023
- Last Date for Receipt of Application (Offline): 09/01/2023
- Written Exam Date for All Trades in DAS(Vzg): 28/02/2023
- DAS(Vzg) Written Examination Result Declaration Date: 03/03/2023
- Interview Date: 06, 07, 09, and 10/03/2023
- Date of Medical Examination: From 16 to 28/03/2023
- Training Start Date: 02/05/2023
Summarize the information given above. Please check the officially published advertisement before applying online.
Official Website – Click here
For advertisement, see the following PDF file – See ad for details.