NEET 2022 Exam Date & All Details
NEET 2022 Exam Date: NEET 2022 Exam Date will be administered by the National Testing Agency for admission of eligible candidates to undergraduate medical courses in medical institutions. NEET (UG) 2022 National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test will be conducted in online mode. There has been a slight change in the NEET exam pattern which is discussed in detail below.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the biggest entrance exam for medical and allied courses offered across the country. Paper-pencil-based test (PBT) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The National Medical Commission (NMC) announced on March 9, 2022, that the upper age limit for appearing in the examinations has been done away with. Earlier the upper age limit was 25 years for general category candidates and 30 years for reserved category candidates.
Last year, there was a lot of change in the exam pattern, exam venue, admission process and much more. According to NTA, NEET UG 2022 may be conducted more than once and the testing authorities are exploring the possibility. According to reports, NTA may handle NEET 2022 in July. Hence, it is expected that the NEET UG 2022 notification will be published in March 2022 when the application process may start in April and the window will remain open for almost a month.
NEET 2022 Exam Date will be conducted in 13 languages for admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS and qualified students in recognized/recognized Medical/Dental/AYUSH and other colleges/deemed universities. / Institutes across India. The scheduled
languages for NEET (UG) 2022 are: English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
NEET 2022 Test Summary
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for UG medical courses is administered annually by the National Testing Agency. For NEET 2022, the exam is expected to be held in June/July 2022. Check out the detailed summary of the NEET exam in the table given below.
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Name||NEET UG 2022|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and other related Courses|
|Seats Offered||Admission of around 1.3 lakh MBBS and BDS seats under 15% All India Quota and 85% State quota|
|NEET 2022 Exam Date||June-July 2022|
|Exam Timings||2 pm to 5 pm|
|Exam Mode||Pen-Paper Mode|
|Number of Questions||200 MCQs (180- Mandatory, 20 optional)|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each question|
|Negative Marking||Minus 1 (-1)|
NEET UG 2022 Notification
NEET 2022 exam date and NTA NEET notification along with schedule, online registration details, revised exam pattern, the syllabus will be published in March 2022 after the Holi festival on the official website www.ntaneet.nic.in. Candidates can download the NTA NEET Notification 2022 from the website or from the direct link given below which will be updated as soon as the new notification is published. Till then see last year’s NEET notification.
NEET (UG) Previous Year Notification [Download Pdf]
NEET 2022 Test Latest News
Because of the assembly elections and the current situation of Kovid-19, the NEET-UG 2022 application process may start by the end of March. NEET 2022 exam may be scheduled for June-July 2022. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2022, the graduate medical entrance exam, will likely be conducted in June or July 2022. According to the discussion between the Ministry of Education and Health, NEET UG 2022 will be held between the third week of June to the first week of July. All important dates related to NEET UG 2022 exam will be published soon.
NEET 2022 Exam Date
According to sources, the National Testing Agency (NTA) may conduct the tentative NEET 2022 exam in June 2022 and a notification will be issued in March 2022. The exact date and detailed schedule of the NEET 2022 examinations will be announced by NTA soon. Check the tentative dates of NEET 2022 in the table below-
NEET 2022 Application Form
The online NEET (UG) 2022 application form is officially available at neet.nta.ac.in. Students who are looking for NEET 2022 Application Form admission in MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BSMS/ BUMS/ BHMS and other Undergraduate (UG) medical courses have to qualify for the entrance test with national qualifications. The online registration date will be announced along with NEET 2022 notification.
NEET 2022 Application Form [Link Inactive]
NEET 2022 Exam Fee
Candidates willing to appear in NEET 2022 will have to pay the required examination fee while filling the online NEET 2022 registration form by any payment – Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, UPI Payment. (GST (18%) plus service/processing charges to be paid separately from the application fee per transaction.
EWS – Economically Weaker Section
OBC-NCL – OBC (Non-cream layer)
*EWS candidates have to generate an EWS certificate during verification. Otherwise, their candidature is liable to be rejected.
Note: If the confirmation page is created, then only the NEET 2022 application is successfully submitted.
Important notice for candidates
- Candidates can apply for NEET (UG)-2022 through “Online” mode only.
- The online applications can be submitted by visiting the NTA website ntaneet.nic.in. Applications will not be accepted through any other means.
- A candidate has to submit only one application. Candidates who do not follow the instructions will be briefly disqualified.
- Candidates need to ensure that the e-mail address and mobile number provided in the online application form are their own or that of the parents only because all information/communication will be sent by e-mail to the e-mail address registered by NTA. Or will be sent via SMS to the registered mobile number. Only.
Steps to apply online for NEET 2022 exam
Candidates have to fill out the application form only once, otherwise, the candidate will not be given NEET admission and his candidature for the upcoming examination will be forfeited.
Follow the steps below to complete the NEET 2022 application form:
Step-1: Enter your or your parent’s unique email ID and mobile number to begin the online registration process
Step-2: Fill in the online application form and enter the system generated application number.
Step-3: Upload candidate’s latest passport size photo (size: 10 kb to 200 kb), postcard size photo (4 “X 6”) (size: 50 kb – 300 kb) and candidate’s signature (file size). Properly scanned image: 4kb – 30kb), left hand thumb print (file size: 10kb-50kb) in JPG / JPEG format. (If left thumb is unavailable, thumbprint of right hand can be used.), 10th class pass certificate in jpg / jpeg format (file size: 100 kb to 400 kb).
For photographs, the focus should be on the face (80% face coverage, ears visible, on a white background).
Step-4: Pay the required application fee through online mode and keep the transaction slip for future reference. If the confirmation page is not created, the candidate will have to make another transaction of fee.
Step-4 After completing the form, download and save the form and take a printout of the confirmation page after successfully applying.
Documents required while filling online application for NEET 2022
All documents required to complete the online application form must have scanned images in JPG / JPEG format for uploading as part of their online application submission. Candidates should scan the following documents in a pre-determined size and format to avoid any errors and omissions:
- Latest passport size photo with white background (Size: 10kb to 200kb)
- Postcard size image with white background (4 “x 6”) (size: 50 kb – 300 kb)
- Signature (Size: 4kb to 30kb)
- Left-hand thumbprint (If left-hand thumbprint is unavailable, right-hand thumbprint can be used. – File size: 10 kb to 50 kb)
- Tenth class pass certificate (file size: 100 KB to 400 KB)
If the candidate has made a mistake, a correction window will be opened only on the official website and for a limited time to change the details of the application form.
Any request for a refund of the fee once deposited by the candidate will not be accepted by NTA under any circumstances.
The complete application process for NEET (UG) -2022 is online, including uploading scanned images, paying fees and printing confirmation pages. Therefore, candidates do not have to submit/submit any document including the confirmation page in NTA by post/fax / hand/e-mail.
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility to appear in NEET (UG) is as follows: –
Students must be 17 years of age at the time of admission or meet the minimum age requirement on or before 31st December of the year of admission in the first year of the UG medical course).
The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years. Higher age exemption for SC / ST / OBC-NCL department and PWD candidates 05 years.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
Candidates must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and English separately and get a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology together in the aptitude test.
Also, to be admitted to the undergraduate medical course, they must obtain a rank in the merit list of NEET (UG) – 2022.
In the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes (NCL), the minimum marks obtained in Eligibility Test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology should be 40% marks instead of 50% marks for Unreserved. And general-EWS candidates.
According to NMC, CCIM and BoGCCH guidelines PWD candidates should have a minimum score of 45% instead of 50% in the aptitude test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology) / Biotechnology.
Provided that students who have received education abroad and wish to take admission in medical colleges in India must have passed class 12 with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English and their equivalent To be prescribed by the Association of Indian Universities. (AIU) as per the rules of the Medical Council of India and the University concerned.
The criteria for minimum qualifying marks to be eligible for admission to MBBS courses will also apply to the respective INIs.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern (New)
NTA has released the revised exam pattern for NEET (UG) along with the previous year’s detailed notification.
|NEET UG 2022 Exam Pattern (Revised)|
|SNo||Subjects||Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration of Exam|
|1||Physics||Section A||35||140||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Total||200 (20 optional)||720|
- As per the new exam pattern, there will be 2 sections in each subject with 35 questions in section A and 15 questions in section B (10 of which are optional).
- There will be 200 multiple choice questions (20 of which are optional). Each correct question is 4 marks.
- NEET (UG) – 2022 is a pen and paper-based test to be answered on a specially designed machine gradable OMR sheet using a ballpoint pen.
- There will be a negative marking of one (-1) mark for each wrong answer.
- The total duration of the NEET 2022 exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
NEET 2022 Syllabus
The National Medical Commission of India (NMC) after reviewing the various state syllabus recommends the following courses for NEET (UG) National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS courses across the country Does: Also prepared by CBSE, NCERT and COBSE. This is to establish uniformity across the country keeping in mind the relevance of various fields in medical education.
11th class physics syllabus
- The physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, energy and power
- System of particles and motion of the rigid body
- properties of bulk matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
Class 12th Physics Syllabus
- current power
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- electronic equipment
11th class chemistry syllabus
- Some basic concepts of chemistry
- Structure of the atom
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- states of matter: gases and liquids
- redox reactions
- s-block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- Some p-block elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Theories and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
Class 12th Chemistry Syllabus
- Solution 2
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Separation of Elements
- p-block element
- d and f block elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Class 11th Biology Syllabus
- Diversity in the living world
- Structural organization in animals and plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
Class 12th Biology Syllabus
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Ecology and Environment
Check Detailed Syllabus for NEET 2022 Exam
NEET Previous Year Question Papers: Download PDF
NEET 2022 Admit Card
Once the examination form is duly filled and submitted, students can download their admit cards on the NTA website on the scheduled date. NEET Admit Card may be available three days before the exam date. Admit card for NEET 2022 will be available in online mode only.
- 1. Candidates are advised to visit the NTA website regularly and check their e-mail/SMS for the latest updates regarding the issuance of the NEET admit card.
- The candidates shall appear at the examination centre at their own cost on the date and time indicated on their admit card issued by NTA.
- Any request for change in the examination centre, date and time given in the admit card will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates are advised to take 6-8 passport size and 4-6 postcard size (4″X6″) colour photographs with white background.
- The images should be used in the online application form for uploading, testing and counselling/admission.
To download the admit card, candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of NTA NEET or click on the link given below once the admit card is published on the official website
- Enter Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin.
- Click “Submit”.
- NEET admit card will appear on the screen.
- Check the details mentioned in the admit card.
- Download NEET UG Admit Card 2022.
NEET 2022 Result
The results of NEET (UG) in 2022 will be uploaded on the official website ntaneet.nic.in after successfully conducting the exam. Candidates must keep an eye on the official website or bookmark this page to get a notification when the result is officially declared.